About this video
Have you heard about GraphQL? Have you always wanted to understand GraphQL? If yes, this course will help you learn about GraphQL in a hands-on manner.
As you progress through the course, you will acquire the skills necessary to understand and work with GraphQL's basic as well as advanced features, including but not limited to the following:
• Understand basic scalar types
• Create custom scalars
• Become familiar with resolvers and type definitions (Schemas)
• Understand the importance of a data model in GraphQL
• Explore how GraphQL queries work, including parameterized queries
• Gain working knowledge of GraphQL mutations
• Get to grips with how file uploads work using GraphQL
• Learn how to serve images in the GraphQL context
• Study how authentication and authorization work in GraphQL
You’ll create four sample applications:
• A basic application to run GraphQL queries
• An advanced application that uses React to work with GraphQL
• Enhance the existing application and extend it with authentication and authorization
• An application to understand how to serve/display images and upload files using only GraphQL
In this course, you’ll mostly use Apollo GraphQL services for building your apps.
Familiarity with React is required to get started with this course. You’ll use React to create several applications; however, it only covers the React parts that are relevant to the context.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at -https://github.com/fullstacktraining/Practical-GraphQL-Become-a-GraphQL-Ninja.
- Publication date:
- April 2019
- 6 hours 13 minutes