About this video
MongoDB is one of the most important databases you can work with these days. It's extremely popular and MongoDB developers are in high demand. MongoDB makes working with data simple - it's built on a philosophy that prioritizes performance and efficiency.
In this course, you'll learn all about MongoDB from scratch. No prior MongoDB or database experience is required! In detail, you'll learn:
- how to install and use MongoDB locally and in the cloud
- how to perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations on MongoDB databases
- how to filter for data efficiently
- how to work with both the Mongo Shell and drivers (e.g. Node.js driver)
- how to increase performance by using indexes (and how to use the right indexes!)
- how to use the amazing "Aggregation Framework" that's built into MongoDB
- what replica sets and sharding are
- how to use MongoDB Atlas - the cloud solution offered by MongoDB
- how to use the serverless platform (Stitch) offered by MongoDB
- and much more!
This course is a hands-on course - you'll learn by writing code/ commands. We'll work on a wide variety of example data and use-cases and by the end of the course, you'll have all the knowledge you need to work with MongoDB in your next project!
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/MongoDB---The-Complete-Developer-s-Guide-
Style and Approach
Through real-world and best-practice data schemas, we show you how design impacts performance and how to scale your system. We also demonstrate the effective use of MongoDB queries for inserting, updating, deleting, and fetching data.
- Publication date:
- October 2018
- 16 hours 6 minutes