Here, you will learn how to perform basic kernel development tasks. You will set up a kernel development workspace, build a Linux kernel from source, learn about the LKM framework, and write a "Hello, world" kernel module.
This section comprises the following chapters:
- Chapter 1, Kernel Workspace Setup
- Chapter 2, Building the 5.x Linux Kernel from Source, Part 1
- Chapter 3, Building the 5.x Linux Kernel from Source, Part 2
- Chapter 4, Writing Your First Kernel Module – LKMs Part 1
- Chapter 5, Writing Your First Kernel Module – LKMs Part 2
We highly recommend you also make use of this book's companion guide, Linux Kernel Programming (Part 2).
It's an excellent industry-aligned beginner's guide to writing misc character drivers, performing I/O on peripheral chip memory and handling...