Are you looking to learn the basics of Windows Server 2016 system administration? If so, this is the perfect course for you!
In this 8-hour course, I'll show you step-by-step, the fundamentals of Windows Server 2016, giving you a solid foundation of Microsoft’s most popular server operating system using VirtualBox, a free virtualization software platform, to create your own virtualized lab at home.
Throughout this course, you’ll learn by doing, getting valuable hands-on experience, as we progress through the course. Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
• Set-up a virtual LAN with VirtualBox
• Install Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 as virtual machines
• How to navigate Windows Server 2016
• Create and manage user and computer accounts in Active Directory
• Configure Windows Server 2016 as a DHCP server
• Windows Server DNS and name resolution fundamentals
• Configure Windows Server 2016 as an IIS web server
• Configure Windows Server 2016 as a print server
• Understand and create active directory groups and organizational units
• Understand and create group policies with Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
• Learn the fundamentals of NTFS and share permissions
• Set-up user quotas with File Server Resource Manager (FSRM)
• Enable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for remote administration
• Utilize Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to approve and deploy Windows updates to client systems
• Utilize Windows Server Backups to backup and restore data
• Learn to write basic PowerShell Active Directory commands
If you’re looking to advance or begin your career in Information Technology (IT), this course is a must!
Once you complete this course, you’ll have set-up your own Windows server as an Active Directory domain controller, DNS server, DHCP server, IIS web server, print server, file server, WSUS server, and much more, giving you a very solid understanding of system administration
- Publication date:
- September 2019
- 7 hours 53 minutes