This course will introduce you to serverless computing and then quickly dive into how to build serverless apps with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Specifically, you will learn:
• To build a REST API without worrying about servers, using AWS API Gateway
• Set up your on-demand code via AWS Lambda
• Execute Lambda code whenever incoming requests reach your defined REST endpoints
• Store data in a database - naturally without managing any database servers!
We won't stop here though! Instead, you'll then dive even deeper into serverless computing and learn:
• To add user authentication to your existing frontend apps and how you can then also protect your REST API against unauthenticated access with ease!
• how you can easily integrate a complete user sign up & sign in flow (including user confirmation) into ANY app (web app, iOS or Android app!) with AWS Cognito
• Deploy your web app in a serverless manner
• Speed up the delivery of your static web app assets
Secure your serverless app
What else you can build with the services covered in this course and which other services might be interesting to you were to dive deeper regarding advanced development workflows.
The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/AWS-Serverless-APIs-and-Apps---A-Complete-Introduction
- Publication date:
- October 2018
- 7 hours 19 minutes