Applying and Extending Oracle Spatial
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Understand how to develop Oracle Spatial data models and applications that use PL/SQL and Java to solve common problems using practical, hands-on examples
- Design a data model for spatial applications
- Use standard database technologies for managing Spatial data
- Learn how to combine spatial and non-spatial data in the database
- Get to grips with how to use Oracle Spatial's standards compliant geometry data types to develop cross-vendor database solutions to common problems
Who This Book Is For
This book is for existing users of Oracle and Oracle Spatial and so assumes you have a basic knowledge of Oracle in terms of understanding the SDO_GEOMETRY type, creating tables, indexes, and views, executing basic to moderately complex queries, and some idea of PL/SQL programming of triggers and stored procedures.