PHP 5 Social Networking
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Build a flexible Social Networking framework using PHP which can be extended to fit the needs of any Social Networking site
- Develop a suitable structure for our framework, with MVC to structure the architecture and a Registry to store core Objects
- Allow users to connect and communicate with each other using communication with friends list, flexible user profiles, messages, discussions, and much more
- Plan marketing and scaling strategies, to entice more users and ensure the site can cope with the demand
- Packed with real-world code and clear explanation, this book uses an ongoing case study for creating a Social Networking framework
Who This Book Is For
This book is primarily aimed at PHP developers, but is suitable for any web developers looking to expand their knowledge and understanding of Social Networking concepts. Intermediate knowledge of PHP and object-oriented programming is assumed, along with a basic knowledge of MySQL.