- Install OpenCart correctly, explore different online store organization models, and choose the one that suits your needs
- Create categories, products, product options, and assign their advanced parameters
- Manage taxes with geo zones and link them to products
- Configure store settings, including welcome message, currencies, languages, modules, themes, SEO links, and so on
- Different payment models, including Bank Transfer, PayPal, Cash on Delivery, Money order, Authorize.net, and so on
- Enable one or more shipping methods, including free, flat rate, weight-based, per item, UPS, and USPS
- Apply product discounts, create coupon codes, set special prices for sales in bulk
- Manage orders and change statuses, print invoices, and so on
- Grouping and managing customers, sending e-mail newsletters and managing OpenCart administration panel with multiple users with different permission levels
- Localize your online store by adding new languages and currencies, and correctly upgrade current OpenCart system
OpenCart is a popular open source shopping cart solution and provides elegantly written tools to establish a fully functional online store from scratch in a very short time with intuitive screens. It can be a difficult task for beginners to go beyond the basics and apply all the features, which they will require for their businesses.
This practical book gives you hands-on experience on using and managing OpenCart, helping you start feature-rich, professional online stores easily. It also teaches you how to organize your online store effectively in terms of products, payments, shipping, orders, and customer relations.
OpenCart 1.4 Beginner's Guide will teach you how to build a store that can take control of all the online shopping needs. You will be able to run multiple shops in a single installation. You will learn how to set up products and correctly organize in categories. You will correctly integrate a payment gateway and shipping method after reading the comparisons and applying the examples. You will learn how to define taxes and apply them according to the geolocation of a customer. This book also teaches you how to manage orders and customers. You can impress your customers and increase the availability of the website to more people with the help of this practical guide. Additionally, the book also teaches you how to use design templates and apply SEO (search engine optimization) to make the store more visible for search engine queries.
- Develop a professional, easy-to-use, attractive online store and shopping cart solution using OpenCart that meets today's modern e-commerce standards
- Easily integrate your online store with one of the more popular payment gateways like PayPal and shipping methods such as UPS and USPS
- Provide coupon codes, discounts, and wholesale options for your customers to increase demand on your online store
- With hands-on examples, step-by-step explanations, and illustrations