- Provide complete coverage of both the commercial and open source versions of Liferay Portal 6.1 within the real-world example Knowledge Base portlet
- Build basic and advanced MVC portlets with the Service-Builder and RBAC permissions, helping you to build enterprise-ready Java web sites
- Use Ext plugins and Hooks, allowing you to perform custom actions on your portal
- Manage images, documents, videos, audio, and records using the Document and Media Library and record management
- Build web content and web forms using the WYSIWYG editors, Custom Attributes, assets tagging and classification, and Dynamic Data List
- Create a collaborative and social API complete with Ratings, Comments, Subscriptions, Collaboration, Social Equity, and Asset Links
- Improve your portal with staging, scheduling, remote publishing, caching, clustering, indexing, search, and workflow.
- Build WAP mobile-based applications and leverage diverse portlet bridges like JSF, Struts, and Spring MVC
Liferay portal is one of the most mature portal frameworks in the market, offering many key business benefits that involve personalization, customization, content management systems, web content management, collaboration, social networking and workflow. If you are a Java developer who wants to build custom web sites and WAP sites using Liferay portal, this book is all you need.
Liferay Portal Systems Development shows Java developers how to use Liferay kernel 6.1 and above as a framework to develop custom web and WAP systems which will help you to maximize your productivity gains. Get ready for a rich, friendly, intuitive, and collaborative end-user experience!
The clear, practical examples in the sample application that runs throughout this book will enable professional Java developers to build custom web sites, portals, and mobile applications using Liferay portal as a framework. You will learn how to make all of your organization's data and web content easily accessible by customizing Liferay into a single point of access. The book will also show you how to improve your inter-company communication by enhancing your web and WAP sites to easily share content with colleagues.
- Use Liferay tools (CMS, WCM, collaborative API and social API) to create your own Web sites and WAP sites with hands-on examples
- Customize Liferay portal using JSR-286 portlets, hooks, themes, layout templates, webs plugins, and diverse portlet bridges
- Build your own websites with kernel features such as indexing, workflow, staging, scheduling, messaging, polling, tracking, auditing, reporting and more
|Page Count|| 546 |
|Course Length|| 16 hours 22 minutes |
|Date Of Publication|| 26 Jan 2012 |