- Create responsive forms
- Look at Web Applications from an entirely new perspective
- Learn to use the major UI components available in Ext JS
- Understand how external data can be consumed by Ext JS
- Query and process remote data into your application
- Use Layouts to bring all of the Ext JS pieces together
- Use Ext JS effects to manipulate the DOM in exciting ways
- Provide a consistent look and feel to your application using Components
- Change the visual style of Ext JS using theming support
- Find Custom Community Extensions to expand your applications
- Create your own custom library extensions
1. Getting Started
Setup Ext JS to be used on your page and troubleshoot common installation problems.
2. The Staples of Ext
Explore some of the foundational components and configuration of Ext JS.
Create complex forms, database-driven combo boxes, and populate form fields with data.
4. Buttons, Menus, and Toolbars
Use toolbars to create compact complex navigation for your web application.
5. Gridsâ€”Making Data Intuitive
Render database-driven grids that include paging, complex rendering, and user interaction.
6. Editor Grid
Go past the standard grid, and set up an editor grid that edits data in line.
7. In an AJAX World, You Need a Good Layout
Create a layout that provides a very flexible and attractive user interface.
8. Ext JS Does Grow on Trees
Demonstrating how to display and manipulate hierarchical data.
9. Windows and Dialogs
Focusing on displaying information in pop-up containers.
Add spice to your applications with compelling visual effects.
11. Drag and Drop
Learn how to move and rearrange elements within your application.
12. It's All About the Data
An introduction into the various types of data Stores, the kinds of data they can consume, how that data is defined, and how to get it.
13. Code for Reuse: Extending Ext JS
An introduction to creating custom application components by extending existing components of the framework
14. The Power of Ext JS: What Else Can You Do?
A look at many of the utility classes of the library, including formatting and state management, as well as Community Components and resources.
Ext JS has the unique advantage of being the only client-side UI library that also works as an application development library. Learning Ext JS will help you create rich, dynamic, and AJAX-enabled web applications that look good and perform beyond the expectations of your users.
From the building blocks of the application layout, to complex dynamic Grids and Forms, this book will guide you through the basics of using Ext JS, giving you the knowledge required to create rich user experiences beyond typical web interfaces. It will also provide you with the tools you need to use AJAX, by consuming server-side data directly into the many interfaces of the Ext JS component library.