- Use fixed and full screen toolbars, navbars, and buttons; customize them with your own icons, icon sprites, and styles
- Use XML and JSON data in your application; format page content using layout grids, collapsibles, and nested accordions
- Build accessible forms; use form controls like flip switches, sliders, and select menus; validate and submit forms using Ajax
- Explore HTML5 semantics and features such as Local Storage, Session Storage, History, 2D Canvas, 3D, Geolocation, Web Workers, Audio, and Video
- Use custom fonts and backgrounds, upgrade themes, override existing themes; generate and share new themes using the Theme Roller tool
jQuery Mobile is an award winning, HTML5/CSS3 based open source cross-platform UI framework. It offers a very cool and highly customizable UX. It is built on the popular jQuery library and uses declarative coding making it easy to use and learn. It is the market leader today considering the numerous browsers and platforms that it supports.
"jQuery Mobile Cookbook" presents over a hundred recipes written in a simple and easy manner. You can quickly learn and start writing code immediately. Advanced topics such as using scripts to manipulate, customize, and extend the framework are also covered. These tips address your common everyday problems. The book is very handy for both beginner and experienced jQuery Mobile developers.
You start by developing simple apps using various controls and learn to customize them. Later you explore using advanced aspects like configurations, events, and methods.
Develop single and multi-page applications. Use caching to boost performance. Use custom transitions, icon sprites, styles, and themes. Learn advanced features like configurations, events, and methods. Explore future trends by using HTML5 new features and semantics with jQuery Mobile.
"jQuery Mobile Cookbook" is an easy read and is packed with practical tips and screenshots.
- Create applications that use custom animations and use various techniques to improve application performance
- Use and customize the various controls such as toolbars, buttons, and lists with custom icons, icon sprites, styles, and themes
- Write simple but powerful scripts to manipulate the various configurations and work with the events, methods, and utilities which are provided by the framework