- Add an image slideshow, image popups, and a gallery to our site
- Organize your site content in different tabs, articles, and slideshows and improve its search capability with AJAX searching
- Enhance your site with third-party features, codehighlight, Flicker, and more using Joomla! Plugins
- Build a dropdown menu with some amazing effects
- Refactor and remove unnecessary library loads
- Master the technique of coding directly on the template, parallax, scrolls, and tooltips
- Build your first Joomla! module, a jQuery powered contact form
- Develop a full module or component extension, with some bits of jQuery
- Solve usability problems
Ever wondered how all the great-looking, feature packed, amazing Joomla! sites are made? Would you like to add image transitions, popups, scrolls, AJAX forms, image galleries, no-page reloads to your website, but are worried that they will be difficult to implement? To make any Joomla! site look more professional, interactive, and interesting you need the ease and power of jQuery.
This book will help you to use the jQuery library with the Joomla! CMS. It will take you through adding jQuery functionality to the Joomla! CMS and show how to use it to make the modules and themes more dynamic, interactive, and responsive, and add effects to your Joomla! site.
First you will learn how to make use of third-party extensions to include jQuery features into your site. These can be image galleries, jQuery powered menus, tooltips, and many, many more. Later on you will learn how to modify your template to add some features to your Joomla! site, You will also learn to build your own jQuery-powered Joomla! extensions, and how to pack them so that you can use them in any project you like. Further, you will learn to create your own modules and components.