- Install Joomla! on two different but common types of hosting; setting up the database on two common hosting platforms, cPanel® and GoDaddy.com®
- Know your way around phpMyAdmin for some of the tasks you may face.
- Install your template, assign it as the default and make changes to it.
- Setup the basics of a Section and a Category to hold and manage content with.
- Manage links, users and media
- Install, assign, and create Modules and Components
- Install and use K2
- Install, configure and use of some select extensions.
- Learn how to do the easy and medium difficulty tasks, designed to eliminate quite a few of the issues you may experience.
- Look at recipes that cover the portions of Joomla! 1.6 that are brand new
If you are a Joomla! site owner, you must already be aware of how this robust, easy to use, open source content management system can help you build a great looking site instantly. You must also be aware of the many problems that it can throw up from time to time. Find the solutions to all your basic and advanced Joomla! queries, so you don't have to wait for someone on the forums to help you out every time.
The Joomla! 1.5 Cookbook will provide you with quick and direct solutions to the most common and uncommon problems faced by you, the Joomla! site owner, sidestepping all the theoretical fuss.
Joomla! is the insanely popular, award winning content management system which helps you build professional looking websites, even if you don't have any HTML programming experience or design skills.
Although, sometimes you might trip over some common pitfalls which would slow the progress of your website down. This book will help you find a direct and quick way through these common problems which can be easily avoided with a few tips and tricks. It starts of with solutions the most common queries that you might face during the installation and setup for Joomla! 1.5 moving on swiftly to guide you through Joomla! templates, modules, security, managing your users and much more. So the next time when things go wrong with your Joomla! site and you are wondering, for example, how to work with your site's database; just pick up this book and quickly find your way through this.