- Make your site popular by creating search-engine friendly articles, using Google analytics, and applying SEO strategies to the content
- Back up your site and restore it with ease in the event the original content is lost or corrupted or if you wish to relocate the site to another server
- Master the user management system within the administration interface and efficiently manage your users
- Master the media manager and easily manage images, audio, and video on your web site
- Enhance the functionality of your web site by using third-party components, modules, and plug-ins
- Secure your web site and protect it from hackers with the help of the jSecure plug-in
Often a company hires consultants or web developers to build a Joomla! web site, and then takes over running the site in house. If you are a content administrator concerned with creating and maintaining the 'product' of a content management site, and not modifying its code, this book is all you need.
This practical, hands-on guide will give you all the knowledge needed to maintain and edit your web site as a content-rich place that visitors return to again and again. There are many books available to help you administer a Joomla! site, but this is the only one specifically for Content Administrators. It is a quick-start guide that best serves content administrators and editors and doesn't cover designing or creating a site. However, anybody who has built their own site but needs help with article management, multimedia management, search engine optimization, and more will also benefit from it.
To explain all the features, we will work on developing and maintaining the content and structure of a fledgling web site for a fictitious company "The Party People". Beginning with the basics, which includes an exploration of how to access and navigate around the administration interface, you will move into managing and creating content, including adding images, video, and audio material. There is advice on how to make the most of your multimedia material and how to choose the right file type for your needs.
As your skills develop, you will work through techniques for making the site search-engine friendly and securing it against potential malicious attacks. All of these techniques and processes are explained step by step, and by the end of the book you will be able to take advantage your new-found knowledge and skills and maintain your Joomla! site with ease. Keeping your content fresh and engaging becomes easy, once you know how and that's what this book aims to do. It will help you become a more effective and efficient manager of Joomla!-based web sites.
- Add, edit, and manage content, from articles and text to images, audio, and video
- Quickly master the administration area of your new web site and make yourself familiar with the navigation and how the content is organized
- Get to grips with managing users, slaying spam, and other activities that will help you maintain a content-rich site
- In-depth caoverage for content administrators and end users of a Joomla! site with plenty of practical, working examples and clear explanations