- Learn about the fundamentals of line drawing, text drawing, shape drawing, composites, and picture drawing.
- Work with images, video, and pixel manipulation.
- Apply transformation effects including translations, scaling, rotations, and shearing.
- Animate linear motions, accelerations, and oscillations, and create a particle physics simulator.
- Extend the HTML5 Canvas API to support shape event handling for desktop and mobile applications.
- Construct data visualizations with graphs and charts.
- Develop your own HTML5 canvas games.
- Create stunning 3D visualizations with WebGL.
The HTML5 Canvas Cookbook begins by covering the basics of the HTML5 Canvas API and then progresses by providing advanced techniques for handling features not directly supported by the API such as animation and canvas interactivity. It winds up by providing detailed templates for a few of the most common HTML5 canvas applications—data visualization, game development, and 3D modeling. It will acquaint you with interesting topics such as fractals, animation, physics, color models, and matrix mathematics.
By the end of this book, you will have a solid understanding of the HTML5 Canvas API and a toolbox of techniques for creating any type of HTML5 Canvas application, limited only by the extent of your imagination.