- Install IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager along with its supporting components and pre-requisites
- Configure the Content Manager components to make them work in unison
- Learn the building-block features and uses of Content Manager and related components
- Master FileNet Enterprise Manager (FEM), the administrator’s tool, to learn the Content Manager features
- Perform various tasks in Workplace XT, one of the stand-alone, end-user applications provided with Content Manager
- Explore authentication, authorization, and other security mechanisms to meet your security needs
- Plan and deploy the components of an Enterprise Content Management platform to a real-world environment
- See how a custom application is designed and created using Content Manager APIs
IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager, built on top of the mature FileNet platform, is a complete, world class Enterprise Content Management platform. With its rock solid document management features, tight integration with BPM systems and other components, and rich API set, it is a highly scalable and secure solution to common and uncommon Enterprise Content Management requirements.
Written by a FileNet insider, who is an Enterprise Content Management architect and engineer, this book is a straightforward guide to effectively installing, managing, and administering FileNet P8 Content Manager. It emphasizes practical, specific, and hands-on information about features for building Enterprise Content Management solutions. At every step, real-world tips and important information are called out to save you time and trouble when building customized solutions.
Beginning with an overview of Enterprise Content Management, the book moves quickly to the matter of getting a real Content Manager system up and running. You learn key Content Manager applications that are demonstrated to show you the major concepts that matter you as a developer, administrator, or as an end user. There are separate chapters that describe major platform features, security-related features, and integrations with other commonly used software components. A realistic sample application, designed right in front of you unfolds the genius in IBM Filenet P8 Content Manager. Finally, you take an in-depth look at troubleshooting, support sites, and online resources to help meet your security needs.