- Learn the installation and configuration of GateIn with various application servers
- Manage the contents, themes, navigation, pages and all documents on the portal through the UI or XML files
- Integrate your existing user management, such as LDAP, into the portal for authentication and authorization
- Discover how the localization of portlets works in GateIn
- Pass events and messages between portlets in the portal, irrespective of how they are deployed
- Modify page names and portal structure through the Management Component command line
- Integrate and manage the Google gadgets in your portal
Enterprises have websites constructed in different web frameworks and the need for them to work together cohesively. GateIn will provide the solution to effectively integrate them into a single website. GateIn is an open source website framework that does more than a web framework by letting you use your preferred one.
This GateIn Cookbook provides solutions whether you're planning to develop a new GateIn portal, migrate a portal, or only need to answer a speciﬁc query. It is ﬁlled with bite-sized recipes for quick and easy problem resolution. From the beginning to the end it will guide you through the process of conﬁguring and securing a portal, managing content and resources, and developing applications as you go.
Beginning with installation and conﬁguration, the book swiftly moves on to discussing content, users, and security. The second half covers all aspects of developing on a portal, such as portlets, gadgets, migration, and integration.
The goal of the book is to show GateIn as an open source website framework piece by piece. Starting with simple recipes, you will see each step analyzed with code examples and images, before progressing to more advanced recipes.
This GateIn Cookbook will help you with a quick approach to building portals.