- Build an intuitive structure to allow students and teachers to find relevant content by creating blogs for both teachers and students
- Create roles and permissions for controlling access to different parts of the site
- Share and manage bookmarks, podcasts, images, and video to support teaching and learning
- Foster discussion and communication among teachers, students, and also the larger school community to collaborate on projects
- Support multiple classes within the same site
- Publish assignments for students in your courses, and track student responses to those assignments
- Learn to exchange help with the Drupal community
- Discover how to backup and maintain your site once it is built
As social networks become more popular, their role in the classroom has come under scrutiny. Drupal offers a wide variety of useful tools for educators. Within a single Drupal site, you can set up social bookmarking, podcasting, video hosting, formal and informal groups, rich user profiles, and other features commonly associated with social web communities.
"Drupal for Education and E-Learning - Second Edition" teaches you how to create your own social networking site to advance teaching and learning goals in the classroom, while giving you complete control over features and access. Communicate with students, share learning resources, and track assignments through simple tasks with this hands-on guide.
In this book you will learn to install and configure the default Drupal distribution and then extend it to include blogs, bookmarks, a media sharing platform, and discussion forums.
The book also covers how to organize your site to easily track student work on the site, and how to control who has access to that information. Additionally, it teaches you how to make the site easy to use, how to maintain the site, and how to ask for and receive help in the Drupal community.