- Create and work with content nodes
- Organize your site with Blocks and Menu Blocks
- Work with Views and Custom Content Types (CCK)
- Building pages using Panels
- Personalize your site with a document library, an image slideshow, or a custom Drupal 7 theme
- Learn how to provide your site visitors with multilingual content
- Manage user accounts, roles, and permissions
- Maintain, optimize and back up your Drupal site
Drupal 7 is a modern Content Management System famed for its flexibility and power. Using Drupal you can easily create custom functionality that would otherwise have to be purchased in many of the other leading CMSs.
"Drupal 7 Cookbook" is filled with recipes to help you to do more with Drupal and improve your skills. Chapters range from content creation, to theming, to managing your site. You will learn how to create your own content types and use them to create Views, Blocks, and Pages. This book will take you from novice to pro in just 12 chapters.
In a wide variety of practical recipes, you will learn how to work with views and panels, how to provide translations for your content to create a multilingual site, and to integrate your site with social media. You can develop the Zen starter theme or learn how to create custom cross-browser compatible Drupal themes, including themes for mobile devices. The Drupal 7 Cookbook contains all of the means necessary to take your skills from those of a novice Drupal user to a proficient site builder.
- Install, set up, and manage a Drupal site and discover how to get the most out of creating and displaying content
- Become familiar with creating new content types and use them to create and publish content using Views, Blocks, and Panels
- Learn how to work with images, documents, and video and how to integrate them with Facebook, Twitter, and Add this