- Foundational Concepts of Developing in CFML (ColdFusion Markup Language)
- How to make your ColdFusion Components (CFCs) come alive with methods, using object inheritance, connecting to a database through the internal methods of your object/CFCs
- Managing multiple products through common forms for listing, editing, and adding data
- Debugging and unit testing techniques
- How to pass information into a custom tag and learn the different methods of storing and accessing tags and tag libraries
- Enhancing the user interface with built-in ColdFusion AJAX features (layout, forms, script, maps, and so on)
- Managing files, emails, and images through CFML
- Power mixing CFCs and custom tags using COOP library as an example to simplify view coding and understand event based objects
- ORM database interaction covering the new data integration of Hibernate
- The working of different variable scopes
- Applications and authenticating users for roles and permissions
- Integrating Feed, REST, and SOAP web services to interact with other sites
Adobe ColdFusion is an application server, renowned for rapid development of dynamic websites, with a straightforward language (CFML), powerful methods for packaging and reusing your code, and AJAX support that will get developers deep into powerful web applications quickly. However, developing rich and robust web applications can be a real challenge as it involves multiple processes.
With this practical guide, you will learn how to build professional ColdFusion applications. Packed with example code, and written in a friendly, easy-to-read style, this book is just what you need if you are serious about ColdFusion.
This book will give you clear, concise, and practical guidance to take you from the basics of ColdFusion 9 to the skills that will make you a ColdFusion developer to be reckoned with. It also covers the new features of ColdFusion 9 like ORM Database Interaction and CF Builder.
ColdFusion expert John Farrar will teach you the basics of ColdFusion programming, application architecture, and object reuse, before showing you a range of topics including AJAX library integration, RESTful Web Services, PDF creation and manipulation, and dynamically generated presentation files that will make you the toast of your ColdFusion developer town.
This book digs deep with the basics, with real-world examples of the how and whys, to get more done faster with ColdFusion 9.