- Download, install, and configure a CodeIgniter site and learn how to use mod_rewrite to generate better URLs
- Organize a dynamic web site using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern
- Simplify your database access by integrating databases such as MySQL
- Make your site more robust and professional by using CI's built-in classes
- Understand the structure of a CI site and its object-oriented aspects
- Reduce the code necessary to create a form using form helper – one of the fine features of CodeIgniter
- Take any library or code, from your previous work, third-party code, etc. and put it to use inside CodeIgniter
- Generate Create, Update, Delete, and Read (C.R.U.D) entries on each database table
- Create multi-language sites, handle files, images, sessions, and send email easily with the help of CI
- Work with files easily – upload them, download them, and put them into a Zip file
- Test your code with error handling, unit testing, benchmarking, and profiling with the help of CI
- Build a dynamic web site quickly and easily using CodeIgniter's prepared code
CodeIgniter (CI) is a powerful open-source PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. CodeIgniter is an MVC framework, similar in some ways to the Rails framework for Ruby, and is designed to enable, not overwhelm.
This book explains how to work with CodeIgniter in a clear logical way. It is not a detailed guide to the syntax of CodeIgniter, but makes an ideal complement to the existing online CodeIgniter user guide, helping you grasp the bigger picture and bringing together many ideas to get your application development started as smoothly as possible.
This book will start you from the basics, installing CodeIgniter, understanding its structure and the MVC pattern. You will also learn how to use some of the most important CodeIgniter libraries and helpers, upload it to a shared server, and take care of the most common problems. If you are new to CodeIgniter, this book will guide you from bottom to top. If you are an experienced developer or already know about CodeIgniter, here you will find ideas and code examples to compare to your own.
- Clear, structured tutorial on working with CodeIgniter for rapid PHP application development
- Careful explanation of the basic concepts of CodeIgniter and its MVC architecture
- Use CodeIgniter with databases, HTML forms, files, images, sessions, and email
- Full of ideas and examples with instructions making it ideal for beginners to CodeIgniter