- Install and set up ExpressionEngine
- Manage your ExpressionEngine installation, including backups, restores, and version updates
- Build a website from the ground up using ExpressionEngine
- Customize the look of your site with HTML/CSS and templates to create the right impression
- Create friendly URLs for your pages to be picked up by Internet search engines
- Handle new user registrations, forgotten passwords, and logging in
- Allow users to interact with your site using comments
- Add Calendar features to your site
- Display images on your site with the Photo Gallery module
- Add search functionality to your site
- Find out how to easily install add-ons such as plug-ins, extensions, and modules to enhance ExpressionEngine's functionality
- Learn how to integrate Paypal into ExpressionEngine in order to sell goods
- Get an overview of implementing the discussion forum module
ExpressionEngine is a flexible, feature-rich open-source content management system used by thousands of individuals, organizations, and companies to easily manage their websites. It is written in the world's most popular web scripting language, PHP, and built on the MySQL database server. This book is written for ExpressionEngine 1.6 users, although it will still be a good introduction for those using other versions.
If you're eager to start creating websites with ExpressionEngine, this is your book. This book gives you clear, concise and, of course, practical guidance to take you from the basics of setting up ExpressionEngine to developing the skills you need to create professional ExpressionEngine websites to be reckoned with.
This book will take you through the process of setting up a website with ExpressionEngine with the help of an example site. By creating a site for selling toast online, you will learn all the stages required for building a professional website in a plain, articulate manner.
This book is aimed at beginners new to ExpressionEngine, but will allow readers to advance rapidly up the learning curve to the point where they can tackle any task with confidence.
Once you're set up with a basic installation of ExpressionEngine, you will move on to learn about creating and managing your content, customizing the look of your site, managing users and groups, allowing visitors to post comments and feedback, building an events calendar, and building a photo gallery. The book also covers the discussion forum module, the simple commerce module, and the wiki module as well as basics such as creating search-engine friendly URLs, 404 "page not found" pages, removing the index.php file for cleaner URLs and updating ExpressionEngine to the latest version.