Alfresco 3 Enterprise Content Management Implementation
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Manage your business documents with version control, library services, content organization, and advanced search
- Create collaborative web sites using document libraries, wikis, blogs, forums, calendars, discussions, and social tagging
- Integrate with external applications such as Liferay Portal, Adobe Flex, iPhone, iGoogle, and Facebook
- Automate your business process with the advanced workflow concepts of Alfresco 3
- Fully revised and updated for version 3.0, covering Alfresco Surf and more
Who This Book Is For
This book is designed for system administrators, experienced users, and business owners who want to install and use Alfresco in their teams or businesses. Because Alfresco is free, many teams can install and experiment with its ECM features without any upfront cost, often without management approval. The book assumes a degree of technical confidence but does not require specialist system administration or developer skills to get a basic system up and running.
Alfresco is particularly suitable for IT consultants who want or need to set up a flexible enterprise content management system for their clients, be that for demonstration, development, or as a mission-critical platform. This book gets you to that result quickly and effectively.
Though this book is not a developer guide, various examples in the book will help developers to extend Alfresco functionality and to integrate Alfresco with external systems.