Web Crawling and Data Mining with Apache Nutch
|Also available on:|
- Learn to run your application on single as well as multiple machines
- Customize search in your application as per your requirements
- Acquaint yourself with storing crawled webpages in a database and use them according to your needs
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Apache Nutch
Chapter 2: Deployment, Sharding, and AJAX Solr with Apache Nutch
Chapter 3: Integration of Apache Nutch with Apache Hadoop and Eclipse
Chapter 4: Apache Nutch with Gora, Accumulo, and MySQL
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 3 submitted: last submission 07 Feb 2014
Errata type: Code | Page number: 09
# tar –zxvf apache-nutch.2.2.1-src.tar.gz
$ cd $NUTCH_HOME
$ tar -xzvf apache-nutch-2.2.1-src.tar.gz
Errata type: Code | Page number: 09
tar –zxvf Hbase.x.x.tar.gz
$ tar -xzvf hbase-0.90.4.tar.gz
Errata type: Code | Page number: 11
<dependency org="org.apache.gora" name="gora-hbase" rev="0.2"
<dependency org="org.apache.gora" name="gora-hbase" rev="0.3"
What you will learn from this book
- Carry out web crawling for your application
- Make your application searching efficient by integrating it with Apache Solr
- Integrate your application with different databases for data storage purposes
- Run your application in a cluster environment by integrating it with Apache Hadoop
- Perform crawling operations with Eclipse, which is used as an IDE instead of the command line
- Create your own plugin in Apache Nutch
- Integrate Apache Solr with Apache Nutch, and deploy Apache Solr on Apache Tomcat
- Apply Sharding on Apache Tomcat for getting good results from Apache Solr while searching
Apache Nutch helps you to create your own search engine and customize it according to your needs. You can integrate Apache Nutch very easily with your existing application and get the maximum benefit from it. It can be easily integrated with different components like Apache Hadoop, Eclipse, and MySQL.
"Web Crawling and Data Mining with Apache Nutch" shows you all the necessary steps to help you in crawling webpages for your application and using them to make your application searching more efficient. You will create your own search engine and will be able to improve your application page rank in searching.
"Web Crawling and Data Mining with Apache Nutch" starts with the basics of crawling webpages for your application. You will learn to deploy Apache Solr on server containing data crawled by Apache Nutch and perform Sharding with Apache Nutch using Apache Solr.
You will integrate your application with databases such as MySQL, Hbase, and Accumulo, and also with Apache Solr, which is used as a searcher.
With this book, you will gain the necessary skills to create your own search engine. You will also perform link analysis and scoring that are helpful in improving the rank of your application page.
This book is a user-friendly guide that covers all the necessary steps and examples related to web crawling and data mining using Apache Nutch.
Who this book is for
"Web Crawling and Data Mining with Apache Nutch" is aimed at data analysts, application developers, web mining engineers, and data scientists. It is a good start for those who want to learn how web crawling and data mining is applied in the current business world. It would be an added benefit for those who have some knowledge of web crawling and data mining.