TextMate How-To [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Hit the ground running using the powerfully versatile text and code editor — TextMate from Macromates
- Attention on keyboard shortcuts and multiple routes to actions to satisfy anyone’s preferred coding style
- Installing and use several extremely helpful bundles such as Todo, Zen Coding, Markdown, and more
- Extensive coverage on navigating and searching one or many files, in and out of projects
- Learn skills on utilizing the shell command-line and macros to boost your productivity
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 76 pages
Release Date : October 2012
ISBN : 1849693986
ISBN 13 : 9781849693981
Author(s) : Chris Mears
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, iOS
Table of ContentsPreface
- TextMate How-To
- Configuring TextMate (Must know)
- Installing themes (Must know)
- Quickly navigating to text (Must know)
- Converting text (Must know)
- Moving and aligning text (Should know)
- Manipulating multiple lines and columns of text (Should know)
- Finding and replacing text (Must know)
- Folding (Should know)
- Bookmarking (Should know)
- Creating projects (Must know)
- Utilizing tabs (Must know)
- Traversing files (Should know)
- Finding text in a project (Must know)
- Installing bundles with GetBundles (Must know)
- Learning and loving bundles (Must know)
- Making a TODO list (Should know)
- Becoming a Zen Coding master (Should know)
- Blogging more efficiently (Should know)
- Markdown and Textile (Should know)
- Using macros (Should know)
- Executing shell commands (Become an expert)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Configuring TextMate, including installing themes
- Navigating text and files quickly and easily
- Converting text using the best and most useful methods
- Searching using various methods whether in one or multiple files
- Creating and utilizing projects
- Installing bundles quickly and easily
- Overview of some of the more useful bundles
- Utilizing shell commands and variables
- Recording and using macros to speed up your editing
Not all text editors are created equal. TextMate was created with versatility and power to the developer. Whether you want to organize your files in projects, utilize the efficiency of code completion, take advantage of the thousands of publicly available bundles, or gain insight using powerful regular expression searching, TextMate is an essential and easy-to-use tool you need in your development arsenal.
"TextMate How-To" is a practical guide filled with conventional recipes on using one of the most popular text editors on the OS X platform. It is a great resource for anyone who wants to learn how to code more efficiently and effectively, no matter what programming or scripting language you use.
This book will guide the reader through using TextMate for practical purposes. It will start with configuring the application, then cover navigation and editing of files, and finish with bundles and advanced features. Throughout the book, the reader will quickly master the key features of the application through easy to follow tasks.
Using this book, the reader will learn the most common text editing and coding tasks including navigation through the document and searching of text. The reader will then learn about working with and navigating between files and projects as well as utilizing bundles to greatly speed up development. Finally, explore the ability to use shell commands and macros to increase productivity.
With just a few hours, "TextMate How-To" will teach the reader everything necessary to hit the ground running with this powerful text editor.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. "TextMate How-To" address essential tasks through recipes to hit the ground running and get started with practical solutions to common questions
Who this book is for
This book is geared toward beginning and intermediate web developers and designers who want to expedite their coding. Though TextMate can also work very well as a plain text editor, some experience with a programming or scripting language whether it's HTML, CSS, PHP, or Ruby is helpful to understand the depth to some of the examples provided.