What is an eBook?
Packt eBooks are a complete electronic version of the print edition, available in PDF and ePub formats. Every piece of content down to the page numbering is the same. Because we save the costs of printing and shipping the book to you, we are able to offer eBooks at a lower cost than print editions.
When you have purchased an eBook, simply login to your account and click on the link in Your Download Area. We recommend you saving the file to your hard drive before opening it.
For optimal viewing of our eBooks, we recommend you download and install the free Adobe Reader version 9.
What are the benefits of eBooks?
- You can get the information you need immediately
- You can easily take them with you on a laptop
- You can download them an unlimited number of times
- You can print them out
- They are copy-paste enabled
- They are searchable
- There is no password protection
- They are lower price than print
- They save resources and space
Packt eBook Format
Our eBooks are currently available in a variety of formats such as PDF, ePubs and Mobi. In the future, this may well change with trends and development in technology, but please note that our PDFs are not Adobe eBook Reader format, which has greater restrictions on security.
You will need to use Adobe Reader v9 or later in order to read Packt's PDF eBooks. You can download Adobe Reader free, from http://www.adobe.com/reader.
Buying and Downloading an eBook
Where there is an eBook version of a title available, you can buy it from the book details for that title. Add either the standalone eBook or the eBook and print book bundle to your shopping cart. Your eBook will show in your cart as a product on its own. After completing checkout and payment in the normal way, you will receive your receipt on the screen containing a link to a personalised PDF download file. This link will remain active for 30 days. You can download backup copies of the file by logging in to your account at any time.
Note: You can also pre-order your eBooks and get 15% off on a standalone eBook and 85% off in the bundle offer. To learn more about "how pre-orders work", click here
If you already have Adobe reader installed, then clicking on the link will download and open the PDF file directly. If you don't, then save the PDF file on your machine and download the Reader to view it.
Please Note: Packt eBooks are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Packt eBook and Licensing When you buy an eBook from Packt Publishing, completing your purchase means you accept the terms of our licence agreement. Please read the full text of the agreement. In it we have tried to balance the need for the ebook to be usable for you the reader with our needs to protect the rights of us as Publishers and of our authors. In summary, the agreement says:
- You may make copies of your eBook for your own use onto any machine
- You may not pass copies of the eBook on to anyone else
- If you experience a problem with using or installing Adobe Reader, the contact Adobe directly at www.adobe.com/support
- To view the errata for the book, see www.packtpub.com/support and view the pages for the title you have.
- To view your account details or to download a new copy of the book go to www.packtpub.com/account
- To contact us directly if a problem is unresolved use www.packtpub.com/contact