Shopify Application Development
|Also available on:|
- Publish apps in the Shopify App Store and work on Twitter Bootstrap
- Get a jump-off point for additional programming and enhancements using the Ruby on Rails code
- Build both a public and a private app with this step-by-step tutorial
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 109 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : April 2014
ISBN : 1783281057
ISBN 13 : 9781783281053
Author(s) : Michael Larkin
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Request and process Shopify API access requests
- Create your own app using Ruby on Rails and deploying it to Heroku
- Use RSpec and FactoryGirl for TDD (Test-driven development)
- Subscribe, verify, and respond to Shopify Webhooks
- Ensure functional and targeted code using iterative development
- Implement responsive design using Twitter Bootstrap
- Publish your app to the Shopify App Store
- Modify your apps to support multitenancy
Shopify is an e-commerce website platform that allows individuals to create and run their own online store. The Shopify App store is a collection of apps that extends the capabilities of online stores and is a perfect place to earn recurring revenue. The powerful Ruby on Rails platform acts as a foundation in guiding through the process from start to finish.
Shopify Application Development will teach you to build and publish Shopify apps for individual stores, deploy them to Heroku, and receive recurring revenue. Additionally, you will learn how to create the application structure using Ruby on Rails.
This book starts with the basics. The first thing you will do is to set up your local development environment and create a basic Rails site. Then, you will be ready for the real work. You will connect the Rails site to a Shopify test store as a private app and integrate with the Shopify API. Next you will convert the site to a public app and publish it in the Shopify App Store. Finally, you will add some polish and additional features to ensure the app is a success.
This book focuses on building and launching a single application using best practices like TDD (Test-Driven Development), agile methodologies, and iterative development from start to finish.
This is an easy-to follow manual that will guide you through the entire process of application development with Shopify, beginning with the installation and configuration of your local development environment for your app to the deployment of the app to Heroku.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for designers and developers looking to expand their services by building Shopify apps. A basic understanding of programming concepts and some familiarity with Shopify is all that is required to get started with Shopify app development.