About this video
In this course, we will go step by step to build a complete custom MVC (Model View Controller) framework called TraversyMVC using object-oriented PHP. We will build something similar to Codeigniter, but much lighter. This framework is completely open source, and you are free to change the name, add elements, and use it as your own in your own projects.
This framework will include: -
• A core library class to load controllers and methods from the URL (also using .htaccess).
• A base controller class to load models and views.
• A custom database library using PDO for all models to interact with the database using prepared statements.
We will not only create the framework, but will build an application on top of it called SharePosts which will comprise something akin to a social network to share posts. This application will include: -
• Full user authentication
• Access control for posts
• Server-side form validation
• Bootstrap 4 UI
• Posts CRUD
• Helper functions (flash messaging & redirects)
We will also deploy the application to the internet. This is not a beginner PHP course. To learn the basics, please check out the PHP Front To Back series on YouTube by Traversy Media.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Object-Oriented-PHP-and-MVC
- Publication date:
- May 2018
- 6 hours 38 minutes