Part 1: Swift
Welcome to Part 1 of this book. In this part, you will begin by exploring Xcode, Apple's programming environment, which is also known as the Integrated Development Environment (IDE). After that, you will start learning the foundations of Swift 5, the programming language used in iOS apps, and see how it is used to accomplish common programming tasks.
This part comprises the following chapters:
- Chapter 1, Getting Familiar with Xcode
- Chapter 2, Simple Values and Types
- Chapter 3, Conditionals and Optionals
- Chapter 4, Range Operators and Loops
- Chapter 5, Collection Types
- Chapter 6, Functions and Closures
- Chapter 7, Classes, Structures, and Enumerations
- Chapter 8, Protocols, Extensions, and Error Handling
By the end of this part, you'll understand the process of creating an app and running it on a simulator or device, and you'll have a working knowledge of how to use the Swift programming language, in order to...