About this video
gRPC is a new and modern framework for building scalable, modern, and fast APIs. It is leveraged by many top tech companies such as Google, Square, and Netflix and enables programmers to write microservices in any language they want while keeping the ability to easily create communications between these services. It relies on protocol buffers as the transport mechanism and the Service Definition Language.
gRPC [Golang] Master Class: Build Modern APIs and Microservices is the best way to get a great overview of all the possibilities offered by gRPC with your favourite language
- Learn the gRPC theory to understand how gRPC works
- Compare gRPC and the REST API paradigm
- Write your gRPC service definitions in .proto files
- Generate server and client Code in Golang using the Gradle gRPC plugin
- Implement unary, server streaming, client streaming, and the bi-directional streaming API
- Practice your learning with exercises and solutions
- Implement advanced concepts such as error handling, deadlines, and SSL security
- Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
- Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real-world gRPC services
This perfect gRPC course will help you simplify your APIs and clients. This is not for a total beginner, though; experience with Go is a must and experience with creating/maintaining APIs is a big plus to help you understand what is going on.
All the code files are placed at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-gRPC-Golang-Master-Class-Build-Modern-API-and-Microservices
Style and Approach
This course will teach you gRPC [Golang] and explores in depth, via hands-on lectures, all the topics you need to get started with gRPC.
- Publication date:
- January 2019
- 5 hours 25 minutes