Part 1 – Introducing Clean Code
The purpose of this first part is to introduce the concepts of clean code and the theory behind it. This part is intended to be quite theoretical, although concrete examples will be discussed as the chapters progress. The first approach of clean code is proposed in order to explain its usefulness and why it is necessary in the life of a developer.
This section comprises the following chapters:
- Chapter 1, What Is Clean Code and Why Should You Care?
- Chapter 2, Who Gets to Decide What “Good Practices” Are?
- Chapter 3, Code, Don’t Do Stunts
- Chapter 4, It Is about More Than Just Code
- Chapter 5, Optimizing Your Time and Separating Responsibilities
- Chapter 6, PHP Is Evolving: Deprecations and Revolutions