About this video
Yii is a fast, secure, and professional web development framework that makes PHP ideal for Web 2.0 applications. The Beginning Yii video course shows you how to rapidly develop sophisticated and reliable web apps using PHP and Yii.
Using screencast demonstrations and clear explanations, this friendly video course will show you how to:
- Install and configure Yii on your existing web stack
- Create working prototypes in a single command using Yii application generators
- Develop applications that follow the popular Model-View-Controller methodology
- Manipulate data from various sources with the ActiveRecord class
- Find and use powerful third party extensions, quickly adding functionality to your apps
- Improve your site’s look and feel with themes and layouts
- Test and debug your application with PHPUnit and Selenium
- Build solid error handlers
- Serve custom images from your Yii code
- Deploy your application to a live server environment
Throughout the videos Chris Backhouse shares his practical experiences as a Yii developer in a clear, friendly manner. If you’ve never used Yii before you’ll be amazed how quickly it enables you to build powerful and reliable applications.
You’ve heard about the benefits of web frameworks for web application developers. Now watch Beginning Yii and experience these benefits for yourself.
Style and Approach
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Beginning Yii is a step-by-step tutorial for developing web applications using Yii. This video course follows the iterative approach to software development while developing a photo gallery website.
- Publication date:
- July 2013
- 2 hours 44 minutes