Oracle Coherence Quickstart [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Step-by-step, and easy to follow instructions to leverage Coherence and provide real-time updates to client applications
- Detailed demonstrations with suggested best practices to build scalable websites and Enterprise applications using a tried and tested data grid product
- Structured examples and projects, with hands-on exercises and guidance
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Thursday, January 23, 2014
Course Length : 1 hour and 43 minutes
ISBN : 184969494X
ISBN 13 : 9781849694940
Author(s) : Ahmet Fuat Sungur
Topics and Technologies : Networking and Servers, Video, Beginner's Guides, Enterprise
Table of Contents
- Installing, Configuring, and Starting Oracle Coherence [29:39 minutes]
- What's in the Coherence Zip
- Starting a Coherence Cluster
- Accessing a Data Grid from the Coherence Console
- Starting Coherence in Eclipse
- Creating a Cache
- JMX Monitoring
- Planning Your Caches [36:36 minutes]
- Clustered Cache Topologies – Replicated Cache
- Clustered Cache Topologies – Partitioned Cache
- Clustered Cache Topologies – Near Cache
- Backing Maps
- Read-Through and Refresh-Ahead Caching
- Write-Through and Write-Behind Caching
- Using the Coherence API [29:49 minutes]
- Serialization and the Portable Object Format
- Pre-Loading Cache
- Querying the Grid – Filters, Indexes, and Aggregators
- Entry Processors
- Event Listeners
- Map Triggers
- Continuous Query Caching
- Coherence*Extend [7:47 minutes]
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Install and set up Coherence
- Create and examine cache servers in detail
- Develop applications using the Coherence Facet for Eclipse
- Cache server operations and monitor them via JMX
- Cache topologies, backing map schemes, as well as operating underlying data storages
- Use the Coherence API to perform different tasks against a cache, including serialization methods, map triggers, and many more
- Get to grips with Coherence*Extend and learn how you can develop .NET and Java client applications that connect to a Java-based Coherence server
Who this video course is for
If you are an architect or developer who is responsible for the design and development of Internet or Enterprise applications, and want to learn how to develop distributed and scalable cache applications within a few minutes, then Oracle Coherence Quickstart is ideal for you.
The course assumes a solid knowledge of Java and a familiarity with Domain Driven Design (DDD).
Oracle Coherence is an in-memory distributed data grid solution for clustered applications and application servers. It enables you to build more reliable and scalable data driven applications, by removing any single points of failure and database server access bottlenecks.
This course explores how you can build memory data grid applications with quick and easy steps in just a few minutes. These step-by-step videos will allow you to watch and learn just how simple it is to scale mission-critical applications and provide fast and reliable access to frequently used data.
This course covers everything that you’ll need to know to develop, manage, deploy, and monitor Coherence applications with ease.
Beginning with installation and application development in Eclipse, we'll then go over topics such as cache functions for your servers, using Coherence facets, and monitoring applications with JMX. We'll also discuss different cache topologies and what sets them apart. We'll then wrap up with an overview of the Coherence API’s extensive features, as well as using the Coherence*Extend client.
Screenshots from the course
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
This is a step-by-step guide to creating scalable memory data grid applications and perform cache operations using Oracle Coherence. It explains all you need to know through simple examples and projects, demonstrating what features are best used, and when; and also examines how to implement services that really matter when optimizing your cache servers.