Packt is proud to annouce the publication of Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide, a book which would help you understand and learn how to develop database applicaton using Oracle Application Express through step-by-step instructions along with examples for a better understanding.
About the Author:
Asif Momen has worked with Oracle technologies for over 12 years and is an expert in Database Architecture, Performance Tuning, and High Availability. Asif is honored by the prestigious Oracle ACE award from Oracle Technology Network. He has also been the presenter for various conferences such as Oracle OpenWorld-2010, All India Oracle User Group (AIOUG), and Brain Surface. In addition, he is also a member of the Editorial Board of 'Oracle Connect'. His particular interests are Database & SQL tuning, Oracle RAC and Backup & Recovery.
Oracle Database Express Edition 11g is an entry level and a small footprint database based on the Oracle Database Release 2 11g code base. It is also free to develop, deploy and distribute. This book would help in understanding different Database Editions and guide you through the procedure of installation with the help of screenshots as examples.
It helps in providing a better understanding of the physical and logical components of Oracle such as SGA, PGA, Tablespaces and Flash Recovery Area. In short, this book would help readers get started with Oracle Database administration and would prove useful for Developers, DBA's, Independent Software Vendors, Educational Instituitions and students.
Some essential chapters covered in this book are -
- Chapter 1: Database Editions and Oracle Database XE
- Chapter 2: Installing and Uninstalling Oracle Database XE
- Chapter 3: Connecting and Configuring Oracle Database 11g XE
- Chapter 4: Accessing Table Data, DML Statements, and Transactions
- Chapter 5: Creating and Managing Schema Objects
- Chapter 6: Developing Stored Subprograms and Triggers
- Chapter 7: Building a Sample Application with Oracle Application Express
- Chapter 8: Managing Database and Database Storage
- Chapter 9: Moving Data between Oracle Databases
- Chapter 10: Upgrading Oracle Database 11g XE to Other Database Editions
- Chapter 11: Backup and Recovery
- Chapter 12: Tuning Oracle Database 11g XE
Packt has also published various related titles :
- Oracle APEX Best Practices (Expected August 2012)
- Oracle 11g Anti-Hacker's Cookbook (Expected August 2012)
- Business Intelligence Cookbook: A Project Lifecycle Approach Using Oracle Technology (July 2012)
All Oracle books are Published by Packt Enterprise. Packt Enterprise is a publishing division of Packt Publishing designed to serve the information needs of IT Professionals in the Enterprise space. Packt Enterprise also publishes on Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Citrix, Java, Amazon, Google and SAP technologies.
|Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide|
| Learn and Manage your Oracle Database 11g XE environment with this fast paced, practical guide
For more information, please visit: Oracle Database XE 11gR2 Jump Start Guide