Tomcat 6 Developer's Guide
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Take your Java EE web programming skills to the next level by getting an expert's level understanding of the servlet specification and its reference implementation, Apache Tomcat.
- Build a Tomcat distribution from its source code, and explore the components, classes, and technologies that make up this container.
- Use standard development tools such as Eclipse, Ant, and Subversion to dissect a Tomcat distribution.
- Discover the touch points between the servlet specification and a servlet container's implementation.
- Acquire specialist grade skills in a range of technologies that contribute to Java server side development
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for web developers who want to take their programming skills to the next level, and for server administrators who want to get a better understanding of the container software they manage.
This book will give you an expert's understanding of every component that contributes to the overall request processing capabilities of Tomcat. In addition, the concepts you learn will be general enough to be carried over to other servlet containers.
This book is also a good starting point for developers who want to understand how high availability and high performance software, such as Tomcat, are designed.
If you wish to contribute to the Tomcat project, then this is an ideal book for you.
Prior knowledge of the Java programming language, and web development on the Java platform is assumed.