- Understand common utilities and tools for troubleshooting Unified Communications Manager, specifically on Real-Time Monitoring tool.
- Learn synchronizing with LDAP using filters, setting credential policies, and managing user permissions.
- Master advanced features such as cross cluster extension mobility, the intercompany media engine, call monitoring and recording, and much more.
- Get step-by-step instructions for Upgrades and Disaster Recovery.
- Get well-versed with the best practices for Secure Communications using Certificate Trust List, Certificate Authority Proxy Function, Digest Authentication, and much more.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) is a software-based call-processing system developed by Cisco Systems. CUCM tracks all active VoIP network components; these include phones, gateways, conference bridges, transcoding resources, and voicemail boxes among others. This scalable, distributable, highly-available enterprise-class system delivers voice, video, mobility, and presence services. It connects up to 30,000 users of IP phones, media processing devices, VoIP gateways, mobile devices, and multimedia applications. With this cookbook you will learn all the important aspects of administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8: Expert Administration Cookbook is filled with many advanced recipes to effectively and efficiently configure and manage Cisco Unified Communications Manager. This book covers everything an administrator needs during and after Cisco Unified Communications Manager implementation.
This practical cookbook contains detailed step-by-step instructions with clear and informative screenshots that cover all the important and advanced aspects of administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
The book starts with introducing Call Routing and E.164. It then covers configuration and design information for the various call admission control technologies and Media Resources. The book also dives deep into troubleshooting, upgrades, disaster recovery, user management and much more.
- Full of illustrations, diagrams, and tips with clear step-by-step instructions and real time examples
- Master call admission control and the technologies associated with it, which is an important aspect of any unified communications deployment to ensure call quality and resilience.
- Focus on implementing Local Route Groups, Device Pools, Route Patterns and various other call routing technologies with a specific focus on building an E.164 compatible dial plan.
- Master the necessary aspects of configuring media resources to support conferencing, transcoding, and Music on Hold.