- Why automating tests is so useful, and how it will help you to improve performance of your web sites and applications
- Installing, setting up the environment, and running JMeter
- Planning automated tests to provide a thorough insight into application performance, bottle necks, and load bearing capabilities
- Building a test plan to test your websites
- Test web, database, FTP servers and more â€“ so you can get a detailed insight into which parts of your application are holding up performance
- Build more complex test elements using regular expressions and functions
- Capture, process, and analyse test results
A bad response time on a website can drive away visitors and prospective customers. To measure what a website can handle, there should be a way to simulate and analyze different load scenariosâ€”this is where a load-testing tool like JMeter comes in. JMeter is a powerful desktop performance tool from the Apache Jakarta project, written in Java, for load-testing web pages, web applications, and other static and dynamic resources including databases, files, Servlets, Perl scripts, Java Objects, FTP Servers, and more.
This book introduces you to JMeter (version 2.3) and test automation, providing a step-by-step guide to testing with JMeter. You will learn how to measure the performance of a website using JMeter.
While it discusses test automation generally, the bulk of this book gives specific, vivid, and easy-to-understand walkthroughs of JMeter's testing tools showing what they can do, and when and how to use them.