Moodle Course Development [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Maximize your Moodle e-learning courses by learning how to make the most of every tool, activity, and resource available to you
- Detailed examples that cover how to create e-learning course activities and provide resources that will keep your students engaged
- Tips and tricks for configuring Moodle administration settings to meet the needs of your school or organization
- Realize the potential of developing online courses using Moodle with comprehensive video demonstrations
- Dynamic course topics covering everything that you need to know in order to customize the Moodle front page, use administration settings, and build interactive e-learning courses
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Thursday, May 30, 2013
Course Length : 2hours 35mins 40 sec
ISBN : 1782160884
ISBN 13 : 9781782160885
Author(s) : Joe Deegan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Video, Moodle, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Getting Started [13:12 minutes]
- Course Introduction
- What is Moodle?
- Navigating Moodle
- Hosting and Installation Options
- Setting Up Your Site [22:13 minutes]
- Site Administration Settings
- Turning Editing On
- Setting Up the Front Page
- Giving Users Access
- Creating Courses [17:36 mins]
- Course Categories
- Course Sites
- Editing Course Sites
- Enrolling Users
- Adding Static Course Material [21:21 mins]
- Links to Files or Websites
- File Repositories
- Composing Web Pages
- Creating Books
- Adding Interactive Course Material [24:33 mins]
- Creating Quizzes
- Creating Lessons
- Adding Social Activities [21:45 mins]
- Evaluating Students [19:56 mins]
- The Gradebook
- Course Completion
- Activity Reports
- Extras [15:04 mins]
- Plugins Overview
- Themes Overview
- Backup and Restore Courses
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Learn about Moodle's potential and how to get started with an overview of various hosting and installation options
- Setup your Moodle site and make it available to users after it’s been installed on a web server
- Create course sites and make them available by enrolling students and assigning teachers
- Make static resources such as files or web pages available to your learners
- Produce more interactive e-learning courses with course materials such as quizzes, lessons, and SCORM tutorials
- Encourage student collaboration with social activities such as forums, wikis, and blogs
- Evaluate student performance by customizing the Moodle gradebook and tracking participation
- Learn about available resources from the Moodle community that will help you take Moodle to the next level
- Everything you need to know, demonstrated and elaborated in detail with options and alternatives
Who this video course is for
Moodle Course Development is designed for teachers or anybody who wants to deliver education online using Moodle. Whether you are a beginner or have experience with Moodle you will take away valuable lessons that will help you to get the best from Moodle.
Moodle, the leading open source learning management system, makes it possible for schools and organizations to provide cutting edge online education. Using Moodle, teachers and corporate training managers can bring learning to the student’s desktop with web-based courses consisting of interactive activities, resources, and social interaction.
Moodle Course Development will show you how to teach online using Moodle through a series of informative and incredibly detailed video screencasts. Learn how to make the most out of Moodle by following along with detailed video demonstrations covering how to configure and use Moodle’s features to create an e-learning site designed to meet your learner’s needs.
Moodle Course Development introduces you to some essential Moodle tools, tips, and tricks; and walks you through built-in features that allow you to enhance your teaching.
We'll begin with everything you need to know about Moodle's installation options, and then show you how to configure administration settings[/color] in order to meet the needs of your school or organization. Once your site is configured, you will learn how to use all of the key features that help you to make the most out of Moodle.
By the time you complete the Moodle Course Development video course you’ll be able to create an e-learning site that will enhance your teaching and provide a better learning experience for your students.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Moodle Course Development will show you how to teach online using Moodle. Learn how to make the most out of Moodle by following along with detailed video demonstrations covering how to configure and use Moodle’s features to create an e-learning site designed to meet your learner’s needs.