Instant MongoDB [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Query in MongoDB from the Mongo shell
- Learn about the aggregation framework and Map Reduce support in Mongo
- Tips and tricks for schema designing and how to develop high performance applications using MongoDB
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 72 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1782169709
ISBN 13 : 9781782169703
Author(s) : Amol Nayak
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant MongoDB
- Instant MongoDB
- So, what is MongoDB?
- What is a document?
- What does a document look like?
- Need for MongoDB
- Ease of development
- Step 1 – basic requirements
- Step 2 – installing MongoDB
- Step 3 – server fails to start
- And that's it
- Quick start – setting up database and querying
- Step 1 – executing your first query on MongoDB
- Step2 – summing up and moving on
- Top 4 features you need to know about
- Finding documents
- Let's find one and all
- Nailing down to few documents
- Selecting a limited set of fields
- Paginating and sorting documents
- Yet more comparison operators
- Checking for the existence of a field
- Getting logical
- Accessing the nested fields
- The leftover operators
- Putting it all together
- Inserts, updates, and upserts
- Update operators to our rescue
- Design something that does not exist
- Index creation
- Designing the collections
- It's all about grouping things
- The aggregation framework
- Aggregation using Map reduce
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and start MongoDB in no time
- Import data into the database
- Discover various query operators that can be put to use to write powerful queries
- Insert, update, and delete data in the collections
- Discover schema design concepts and basic query level performance tuning
- Use the aggregation framework to perform aggregation operations
- Utilize MapReduce support in Mongo
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich Document Orientated Database. This popular, highly scalableNoSQL database is used to power some of the world's most used applications and websites.
MongoDB Starter is designed to get you working with MongoDB as quickly as possible. Starting with the installation and setup, we quickly show you how to start importing your data into the database. Furthermore, you will learn about CRUD operations in MongoDB, its Map Reduce support, schema design, and performance tuning operations.
After successfully installing and setting up MongoDB, you will be introduced to important configuration parameters and the terminologies used in the Mongo world and their equivalent in the relational world. You will learn how to import data into the database and connect to the MongoDB from the Mongo shell and execute some queries. We will then move on to advanced topics such as performing insert, update and upsert(update + insert) operations, executing advanced queries, schema design concepts, and creating indexes for performance. MongoDB Starter finishes with a look at the new aggregation framework, Map Reduce operations, and how to bulk import and export data.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. MongoDB Starter is a fast and practical guide designed to help you start developing high-performance and scalable applications using MongoDB.
Who this book is for
MongoDB Starter is ideal for developers who are new to MongoDB and who need a no-nonsense guide on how to start working with it. No knowledge of MongoDB is required to follow this book, but some knowledge of C++ would be helpful.