Manga Studio Beginner’s Guide
|Also available on:|
- Illustrated with real-world examples, we embark on a journey of a comic's creation from initial idea to finished page
- Discover methods for emulating analog creation digitally and investigate ways of producing unique comics
- Full of examples and illustrations to make comic creation fun and easy
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 311 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1849697663
ISBN 13 : 9781849697668
Author(s) : Michael Rhodes
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Beginner's Guides
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Create your own stories in Manga
- Learn how to create pages to make them presentable on the Web and on paper
- Identify ways to make your comics “sound” as good as they look by using softwares that complement speech balloons created by Manga
- Understand the importance of using digital morgue images for reference in MangaStudio
- Master different ways to color your comics
- Use the 3D posable figures in MangaStudio to augment your own knowledge of anatomy to draw characters in action poses
- Discover ways to compose a page to direct the reader's attention where you want it to be
- Explore custom work-arounds to achieve any unconventional effects that you might want in the comic
Using Manga Studio for creating comics is an enriching experience. Instead of using graphite and ink, we can get creative with digital marking tools. Once you’ve got to grips with the basic use of these tools, creating comics digitally is just as expressive and fun as creating them on paper.
"Manga Studio Beginner's Guide" is for beginner comic artists and for experienced artists who are new to Manga Studio. The book delves into the methods of creating a comic, from idea, character, script, and rough layouts, all the way to the finished art.
We start with a blank screen. Then, after making some rough sketches and adding finer details to the art, we will achieve a finished page of our comic.
Learn how to leverage the features of Manga Studio to create your best work. When Manga Studio falters, you will learn various work-arounds to overcome them. Find out how to enhance lettering and 3-D objects created by Manga studio with the help of some complementing programs. Learn how to call up reference images easier than using a web browser.
No matter what character you are creating - superheroes, sci-fi, fantasy, real-world, or Manga - "Manga Studio Beginner’s Guide" will be your go-to book for creating comics.
Using a step-by-step approach, this book will lead you through the process of building up complex, multi-page comic/Manga art, along with industry insights along the way.
Who this book is for
"Manga Studio Beginner's Guide" is for beginners in comic creation. The more you know about how comics are made, the better you will be, but it's not essential to get the most out of this book. Even if you're a professional comic artist, this book will get you up to speed on using Manga Studio 5.