Magento Responsive Theme Design
|Also available on:|
- Build a mobile-, tablet-, and desktop-friendly e-commerce site
- Refine your Magento store’s product and category pages for mobile
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide on how to get up and running with Magento
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 110 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1783980362
ISBN 13 : 9781783980369
Author(s) : Richard Carter
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Web Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Beginning a Responsive Magento Theme
Chapter 2: Making Your Store Responsive
Chapter 3: Responsive Checkout and Cart in Magento
Chapter 4: Enhancing Your Responsive Magento Theme
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 13 Jan 2014
On page no: 52
Under the Dealing with Magento search results responsively heading
The following code snippet is missing:
This should be included in the local.xml file.
What you will learn from this book
- Implement a responsive Magento theme for your store
- Master the use of the latest responsive web design techniques
- Discover how to use Magento layout and template files to change your store
- Use media queries to alter your Magento store based on browser width or height
- Understand the fundamentals of responsive web design
- Explore the Magento template hierarchy
- Add basic CSS styling for your Magento theme
- Enable your new theme in Magento
- Style e-commerce navigation responsively in Magento
Magento is an open source e-commerce solution. It comes with a variety of tools that are necessary for building a successful online shop. Magento offers many built-in capabilities, such as promo pricing and coupon codes, detailed statistics, and SEO options. This book will help you build your own store and will help you broaden your customer reach.
Magento Responsive Theme Design guides you through the building, enabling, and customization of a responsive Magento theme. You will be able to explore different options for navigating your store on various devices and also improve your store’s one-page checkout for mobile visitors. The book is written in a clear, step-by-step format with plenty of screenshots and tips to help you along the way.
This book will help you get your custom Magento responsive theme up and running. It covers everything from creating and enabling your new theme to utilizing Magento’s category and product templates as well as its one-page checkout feature. With this book, you will learn how to successfully build a responsive Magento theme, starting from the very basics of styling your Magento store to customizing customer accounts, product and category listings, and the one-page checkout for a range of devices. Packed with tips throughout to guide you through the process and common problems, the book is written with a clear, step-by-step approach in mind.
Magento Responsive Theme Design guides you through everything you need to know to strengthen your e-commerce business.
The book consists of a complete step-by-step tutorial that takes you through how to quickly and efficiently build your own responsive Magento theme.
Who this book is for
This book is for web designers and developers with an existing knowledge of modern HTML and CSS.