Linux Mint Essentials
|Also available on:|
- Learn to use Linux Mint like a pro, starting with the installation and going all the way through maintaining your system
- Covers everything you need to know in order to be productive, including browsing the Internet, creating documents, and installing software
- Hands-on activities reinforce your knowledge
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 300 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 178216815X
ISBN 13 : 9781782168157
Author(s) : Jeremy LaCroix
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the Mint functions
- Configure and install the distributions
- Discover the Cinnamon user interface
- Manage User permissions
- Understand how to launch programs
- Get to know how to use shell commands
- Set up Mint Firewall to prevent attacks and explore disaster recovery
- Play music and videos
- Manage digital camera photos
- Troubleshoot your Mint system
Linux Mint is one of the most popular and proven distributions for beginners and advanced users alike. More than most distributions, Mint is ready out of the box to handle all of your computing tasks, even proprietary codecs and drivers where necessary. Its ease of use has propelled it to become a celebrated Linux distribution.
Your all-inclusive guide to Linux Mint, this book will teach you everything you need to know in order to use a Linux Mint system. The book starts with the installation process and covers task-oriented topics such as browsing the Internet, installing software, as well as shell commands. This guide walks the reader through installing and maintaining Linux Mint on a personal computer.
Using task-oriented examples, readers will journey through understanding what sets Mint apart, how to maintain it, and how to use it. Topics covered in the book include getting acquainted With Cinnamon, navigating the filesystem, software management, an introduction to the terminal, and more!
"Linux Mint Essentials" is your one-stop guide to understanding and utilizing this great distribution.
A task-oriented look at Linux Mint, using actual real-world examples to stimulate learning. Each topic is presented in an easy-to-follow order, with hands-on activities to reinforce the content.
Who this book is for
If you are starting out with Linux from a different platform or are verse with Linux Mint and yet want a guide alongside you for exploiting certain functionality, this book is for you. No previous Linux experience is assumed.