Liferay Portal 6.x Enterprise Intranets (Update)
|Also available on:|
- Integrate different applications such as LDAP, SSO, and Liferay Social Office
- Maximize your existing and future IT investments by optimizing your usage of the Liferay portal
- Enhance your intranet using your own innovation and Liferay portal's out-of-the-box portlets
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 798 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2014
ISBN : 1782162844
ISBN 13 : 9781782162841
Author(s) : Navin Agarwal
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the features of Liferay 6.1 and 6.2
- Manage users, site, organization, user groups, and roles
- Set up Web Content Management
- Handle federated search and OpenSearch, and deploy search-based portlets
- Study portal administration, cloud computing, performance tuning, data backup, and migration
- Explore Liferay 6.1 Marketplace, Social Office, and custom fields
- Enable Wiki for sharing knowledge among users
- Understand the different controls/actions to make the portal work for an enterprise
Liferay portal is an enterprise web platform for building business solutions that deliver immediate results and long-term value. It runs on your existing application servers, databases, and operating systems to eliminate new spending on infrastructure. Liferay portal adheres to open standards for content, portlets, web services, and front-end technologies to reduce development costs.
An in-depth guide to the new features of Liferay 6.1 and 6.2, such as Liferay Sync, Liferay Marketplace, and Recycle Bin. Packed with practical examples to help you to develop an intranet portal in quick time; this book will also give you a comprehensive knowledge of Web Content Management, RSS and WYSIWYG editors, and Document and Image management.
With Liferay Portal 6.x Enterprise Intranets (Update), you will understand why you should use Liferay to build your intranet. You will start by installing and setting up the portal, and building a homepage. Then, you will move on to publish blogs and understand how to convert documents in OpenOffice. This book will also show you how to integrate email with the Mail portlet.
Finally, the book explains the integration of Liferay with Alfresco 4.0, SSO CAS, and LDAP.
A practical guide with a very user-friendly approach. The author has taken a virtual enterprise as an example and has used the features of Liferay to build a corporate intranet for that enterprise.
Who this book is for
If you are either a beginner or advanced portal developer who wants to develop an enterprise intranet portal for business purposes, this book is for you. It will be handy for IT professionals who know the concepts and the flow about how the portal technology works. However, prior knowledge of Liferay is not essential.