The Spring framework with its support to multiple Data Access frameworks/libraries and light-weight IoC container has steadily grown in popularity. In this article by A.P.Rajshekhar, we will discuss the basics of Spring MVC. We will deal with the terms and terminologies related with Spring MVC and MVC. The later part of the article details the steps for developing components of a web-application using Spring MVC.Read Getting Started With Spring MVC - Developing the MVC components in full
The DataGrid is a commonly used component when creating applications in Flex. The component can represent columnar data with ease when connected to a dataProvider. There is a method of editing the data in the DataGrid without using an itemEditor. Of course, there is nothing wrong with using an itemEditor, but this alternative method of using a PopUp window deserves some consideration when implementing applications. This article by Keith Lee describes how to create a DataGrid, display a popup for each row of the DataGrid and add, edit or remove data from the DataGrid using the PopUp.Read Editing DataGrids with Popup Windows in Flex in full
This article by Rahul Pitre, will help you try your hands at writing your own HTML mark up to tweak your site.How to install off-the-shelf components to enhance your website is the next skill you'll learn in this article. You'll install a custom FAQ component because the built-in FAQ page doesn't work as advertised.
In this article you will:
- Add an HTML module to your page.
- Write HTML in the HTML module. Chances are that you don't know a lot about HTML. So, you'll take a crash course on a small subset of HTML that will help you to get started with writing your own markup, if you so desire.
- Perform some common page-building tasks such as embedding flash movies, PayPal buttons, and other such external content in your web pages using the HTML module.
- Download and install an FAQ solution that renders a customized FAQ page.
In this article by Ian Hlavats, we will look at an example of how to use Seam conversations effectively with Ajax.
We will discuss about:
- Temporary conversations
- Starting a long-running conversation
- Concurrent conversations