This two-part article by Ghica van Emde Boas and Sergey Ilinsky, will attempt to classify the multiple solutions used today to build interactive websites and client-side applications. By doing a drill-down, we will approach the category to which we believe the Backbase AJAX framework belongs and from which the candidates for a more detailed comparison will be picked up. To make a fair comparison, we will eliminate any server-side frameworks, client-side libraries, and application frameworks—this is why you won't see GWT, JSF, jQuery, or PureMVC in the final comparison.
The libraries and frameworks mentioned in this comparison are very briefly described at the end of this article.
Also, at the end of this article (but before the framework reference overview), there is a section about integrating other frameworks with Backbase.
This article discusses the following topics in detail:
- Toolkit classification
- Backbase comparison to similar products
- Techniques of integrating third-party widgets into Backbase
- References to the mentioned libraries and frameworks
Forms in Dynamics AX represent the user interface and are mainly used for entering or modifying data. They are also used for running reports, executing user commands, validating data, and so on.
In this three-part article by Mindaugas Pocius, we will cover:
- Creating dialogs
- Handling dialog events
- Creating dynamic menu buttons
- Building dynamic form
- Adding form splitters
- Creating modal form
- Changing common form appearance
- Storing last form values
- Using tree controls
- Building checklists
- Adding a "Go to the Main Table Form" link
- Modifying the User setup form
- Modifying application version
This is the second part of the article series on Framework Comparison: Backbase AJAX framework Vs Other Similar Framework. Read the Framework Comparison: Backbase AJAX framework Vs Other Similar Framework (Part 1) here.Read Framework Comparison: Backbase AJAX framework Vs Other Similar Framework (Part 2) in full
In this article by Mambe Churchill Nanje, we will introduce you to Kohana PHP framework. We will cover the following :
- Why use Kohana PHP framework?
- Key features of Kohana PHP Framework
- Getting started with Kohana PHP Framework
- Developing a simple contact form with Kohana PHP Framework