JIRA 6 Essentials [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Comprehensive coverage of important features and updates in JIRA 6
- Step-by-step instructions to deal with real-world situations
- Illustrations straight from the application to help visualize issue tracking
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Monday, September 30, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours and 17 minutes
ISBN : 1849689245
ISBN 13 : 9781849689243
Author(s) : Patrick Li
Topics and Technologies : Enterprise Products and Platforms, Video
Table of Contents
- Working with Projects [17:21 minutes]
- Create a New JIRA Project
- Create a New Issue in JIRA
- Understand the Project Browser
- Add Project Components and Versions
- Import Issues into JIRA
- Working with Issues [19:19 minutes]
- Understand Issue in JIRA
- Operate and Work with Issues
- Use Subtasks to Better Manage and Structure Your Issues
- Link Issues to Other Resources
- Create and Manage Issue Types
- Working with Screens and Fields [17:08 minutes]
- Manage and Configure Screens in JIRA
- Create New Screens
- Create New Custom Fields
- Controlling Field Behaviors
- Apply Field Configuration to Specific Issue Types and Projects
- Workflows [18:47 minutes]
- Create New Workflow Steps and Transitions
- Add the Workflow Conditions
- Add the Workflow Validators
- Add Workflow Post Functions
- Apply Multiple Workflows to One Project
- Security and Permissions [21:16 minutes]
- Manage the User and Group Membership
- Control Access to JIRA with Global Permissions
- Control Project and Issue Operation Access with Permission Scheme
- Restrict Access to an Issue with Issue Security Scheme
- Connect JIRA to LDAP
- Notifications [17:21 minutes]
- Enable JIRA to Send Outgoing e-mail Notifications
- Manage Notification Recipients for Updates in JIRA
- Create Custom Events and e-mail Templates
- Create a mail handler to create issues/comments in JIRA from e-mails
- Searching and Reporting [12:31 minutes]
- Search for Issues in JIRA in the Basic Search Mode
- Search for Issues in JIRA in the Advanced Search Mode
- Search for Your Searches as Filters
- Create Your Own Dashboard
- Advanced Features [12:53 minutes]
- Extend JIRA with Custom Add-ons
- Integrate JIRA with Other Atlassian Applications
- Navigate between JIRA and Other Applications
- Use JIRA As a Feedback Collecting System
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Download the code and support files for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Create projects in JIRA with the different UI interfaces, project components, and project versions
- Learn everything about issues, starting with the basics, and move on to more advanced operations such as linking
- Set up and customize user screens with custom fields to capture data based on your needs
- Build and set up workflows, understanding different workflow components and their functions
- Structure and manage users and group membership, understand and manage permissions, and integrate JIRA with LDAP
- Set up mail servers, notification e-mails, as well as processing e-mails from users
- Search data in JIRA with basic and advanced (JQL) search options using filters, dashboards, and gadgets
- Manage add-ons in JIRA, integrate JIRA with other Atlassian applications, and configure JIRA as a feedback collection tool
Who this video course is for
The video course is primarily designed for IT administrators who will be managing and configuring their organization’s JIRA instance.
You will need to be familiar with your organization's standard operating environment, as well as basic working knowledge of project management, SMTP, POP3/IMAP, mail and LDAP.
JIRA is a proprietary enterprise software product, developed by Atlassian, commonly used for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management. JIRA is used as a way to manage bug and issue tracking and project management for large-scale projects.
JIRA 6 Essentials will show you how to use and manage your Atlassian JIRA instance. Starting from the basics of working with JIRA projects and issues, the course will introduce and explain advanced topics that any JIRA administrator will need to know to better understand and configure JIRA for their organizations.
This video course will introduce and explain important concepts in JIRA, and ultimately show you how to plan and design your own implementation. You will learn how to customize JIRA to adapt to your organization and add value to your business.
In this course you will learn how to understand and create your own workflows, implement access control with different security settings, manage user and group memberships, integrate with LDAP, set up a notification email system, extend JIRA's default functionalities with add-ons, integrate JIRA with other Atlassian applications or use JIRA as a general-purpose feedback collection system, as well as customize screens and field setups to capture data that really makes sense.
JIRA 6 Essentials covers everything that you need to know in order to set up a fully-functional implementation.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
Beginning with the basics of working with JIRA projects and issues, the course will introduce and explain advanced topics that JIRA administrators need to know in order to better understand and configure JIRA for their organizations.
Important concepts in JIRA are explained by logically breaking up relevant features into concise sections. The concepts in each section are explained with step-by-step demonstrations.