|Also available on:|
- Create amazing interactive charts that update in realtime
- Make charts that work wherever you go: phone or desktop; online or offline
- Learn how to extend, and enhance Highcharts to design and develop charts easily
- Learn how you can integrate charts into just about any project for analyzing statistical data
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 332 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2014
ISBN : 1783559683
ISBN 13 : 9781783559688
Author(s) : Nicholas Terwoord
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Content Management (CMS)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Highcharts
Chapter 2: Processing Data
Chapter 3: Handling User Interaction
Chapter 4: Sharing Charts on the Web
Chapter 5: Integrating with ExtJS
Chapter 6: Integrating with jQuery
Chapter 7: Integrating with the Yii Framework
Chapter 8: Integrating with Other Frameworks
Chapter 9: Extending Highcharts
Chapter 10: Math and Statistics
Chapter 11: System Integration
Chapter 12: Other Inspirational Uses
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Create charts in a variety of display formats
- Process data from different remote or local sources with AJAX and Websockets
- Create simple polls
- Render charts for offline usage or e-mail
- Integrate Highcharts with existing frontend and backend frameworks
- Connect Highcharts to other data sources such as git for interesting visualizations
- Display simple statistical data
- Extend the Highcharts library for more reusable, versatile charts
"Highcharts Cookbook" is a practical guide that provides you with clear, step-by-step recipes to create dynamic, functional charts in your web applications using Highcharts. With "Highcharts Cookbook", you will create and design dynamic and versatile charts in different scenarios.
"Highcharts Cookbook" through its wide array of recipes will walk you through everything you need to know about Highcharts and will enable you to unleash its full potential in your web applications quickly and easily.
You will learn how to integrate Highcharts with different frontend and backend libraries such as ExtJS, jQuery, and the Yii framework with some examples in Python, PHP, and NodeJS. You will also cover how to handle user interactions like form input and mouse events, how to fetch remote data in CSV, XML, and JSON format, and how to render charts for offline usage. If you want to learn the different ways you can leverage the power of Highcharts to create, integrate and extend its features in your application, then this book is for you.
An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide with over 80 recipes covering examples on how to use and create dynamic charts with Highcharts.
Who this book is for