- Quick methods to make your Moodle courses engaging, attractive, and fun
- Fast ways to add multimedia to your course, or incorporate existing sounds and videos
- Embed Twitter, Wikipedia, and Google in a Moodle course page
- Assist users to navigate around a Moodle site
- Manage the space in a course page and offer easier navigation to users
- Explore alternate assessment methods with assignment alternatives, better quizzes and embedded formative assessment
- Equip teachers with tools for tracking student involvement
- Exercise to challenge yourself based on the knowledge culminated
Moodle is growing at a seemingly unstoppable rate. One of the key reasons for its popularity lies in its potential to extend with modules, thus making the site easier to administer, add new features, and completely change the way it looks. This book finds you the best Moodle modules, teaches you how to install them, and helps you to master their configuration.
There are hundreds of Moodle modules available. Find out which you can trust and how to put them to work. This practical book gives you hands-on experience on using and managing Moodle modules, thus making your learning website feature-rich. It covers many features and techniques in order to allow you to organize your ideas to improve teaching using Moodle as a virtual learning platform
This book begins with simple activities such as adding and installing modules. Then, it moves to a very interesting topic about the integration of multimedia into Moodle, covering major multimedia elements such as images, audio, and video.
Social networking applications like Twitter and Facebook are embedded in the Moodle course in order to invent stories, create group works, and create social team interactions with the virtual classroom. But the book doesn't end there, you will also see how to use Moodle to accept and assess coursework submissions, discuss work with students, and deliver quizzes, tests, and videos.
The book ends with a chapter full of simple challenges such as adding educational games. This book is written to help you find modules that will be useful to you and your students, and to show examples of how these modules can be setup and used in teaching.