Getting Started with Memcached
|Also available on:|
- Set up the Memcached service on your server or development machine
- Use Memcached on your Java, Ruby, Python, and PHP applications
- Full of practical, real-world examples and easy-to-follow explanations
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 56 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2013
ISBN : 1782163220
ISBN 13 : 9781782163220
Author(s) : Ahmed Soliman
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Getting Started with Memcached
- Getting Started with Memcached
- Basic installation of memcached on Ubuntu (Simple)
- Basic installation of memcached on Mac (Simple)
- Compiling memcached from a source on Ubuntu (Simple)
- Talking with memcached (Advanced)
- Setting up memcached to start on boot in Ubuntu (Simple)
- Setting up distributed memcached (Intermediate)
- Using memcached with PHP (Intermediate)
- Using memcached with Python (Intermediate)
- Using memcached with Ruby (Intermediate)
- Using memcached with Java (Intermediate)
- Setting up memcached support in Rails (Simple)
- Setting up memcached support in Django (Intermediate)
- Setting up memcached to support in Play (Intermediate)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install Memcached on Ubuntu and Mac OS X
- Understand how the Memcached server works
- Learn how the Memcached protocol is designed
- Build a Memcached scalable cluster
- Use Memcached with Ruby, Python, PHP, Java as well as with your Play! application
- Integrate Memcached within your Rails applications
- Cache templates in Django applications
Web application performance is no longer a non-functional requirement, but an implicit condition for an engaging user experience. As a result, responsive and highly scalable applications are becoming a necessity. Memcached is a high-performance distributed memory caching system built to speed up dynamic web applications by offloading pressure from your database.
Getting Started with Memcached is a hands-on, comprehensive guide to the Memcached service and it’s API in different programming languages. It contains practical recipes to integrate Memcached within your Rails, Django, or even Scala Play! applications.
This book will show you everything you need to know to start using Memcached in your existing or new web applications.
This book uses real-world recipes to help you learn how to store and retrieve data from your clustered virtual memory cache pool and how to integrate caching into your favourite web development framework.
You will also learn how to build a Memcached consistent-hashing scalable cluster and how Memcached clients are properly configured to use different servers to scale out your memory cache pool in Ruby, Python, PHP, and Java. With this book, you will see how to cache templates and database queries in the most popular web development framework in use today.
This book is an easy-to-follow guide full of hands-on examples of real-world administration tasks, which will help you design and build highly scalable and very fast web applications.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for web application developers looking for hands-on, practical, and to-the-point recipes to integrate the Memcached service into their day-to-day programming tasks. No prior knowledge of Memcached is assumed for using this book.