XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example: Beginner's Guide
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Dive headfirst into game creation with XNA
- Four different styles of games comprising a puzzler, a space shooter, a multi-axis shoot 'em up, and a jump-and-run platformer
- Games that gradually increase in complexity to cover a wide variety of game development techniques
- Focuses entirely on developing games with the free version of XNA
- Packed with many suggestions for expanding your finished game that will make you think critically, technically, and creatively
- Fresh writing filled with many fun examples that introduce you to game programming concepts and implementation with XNA 4.0
- A practical beginner's guide with a fast-paced but friendly and engaging approach towards game development
Who This Book Is For
If you are an aspiring game developer who wants to take a shot at creating games for the Microsoft Windows platform with the XNA Framework, then this book is for you. Using this book, you can get started with creating games without any game development experience. A basic knowledge of C# would be helpful to kick-start your game development, but it's not essential.